1SRS (spatial reference system) is a planar coordinate system that defines how the 2D projected map in your GIS relates to real locations on the Earth.
Convert coordinates to any spatial reference system fast and easy in one place.
Powered by aspose.com and aspose.cloud
We've already processed files with total size of MB
The Coordinate Converter is an app for converting coordinates from one SRS1 (Spatial Reference System) to another SRS (including custom systems) and display the result on the World map.
GIS Convert Coordinates
- This app quickly converts your coordinates in a few steps and little time in any browser. You can choose the input/output coordinate system by using the EPSG code2. Our EPSG registry contains about 10,000 items and we are constantly adding more.1EPSG code (4–5-digit number that represents coordinate reference system definitions).
How to use the Coordinates Converter:
- Select the Input SRS (the default format is WGS843). Select a popular spatial reference system from the drop-down list or choose a custom system to enter the functioning EPSG code by yourself.3WGS84(World Geodesic system 1984) - the most popular system, is used worldwide due to GPS which is based on WGS84.
- Input the coordinates in a decimal degrees (DD)4 format.4DD – latitude and longitude geographic coordinates in decimal fractions. DD are an alternative way to use degrees, minutes, and seconds (DMS).
- Select the Output SRS (the default format is UTM – N31). You can also select from popular SRS using a drop-down list or choose a custom system to enter the functioning EPSG code by yourself.
- Click “Convert” to quickly convert coordinates.
- At the end of the conversion process, the converted coordinates in the chosen SRS are displayed on your screen.
- Click “Open Map” (appears after the end of the conversion) to visualize the converted coordinates on the World map.
❓ What is Coordinates Converter?Coordinates Converter is for converting between coordinate systems with one geodetic datum. The tasks of conversion include:
- Conversion between geodetic and geocentric coordinates;
- Conversion to another type of map projection.
❓ Why is WGS84 used as standard coordinate system in most cases?WGS84 is intended for global use. GPS (Global Positioning System), and many other applications use the ellipsoid and datum of WGS84 instead of earlier datum.
❗ What is UTM-N31?UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) is a coordinate system that is based on the WGS84 ellipsoid. The UTM system divides the Earth into 60 zones, each 6° of longitude in width. The grid zones UTM 31N to 37N differ from the standard zone for the Northern Hemisphere, in part to accommodate the southern half of the Kingdom of Norway.
🌐 Which browser is recommend for Coordinates Converter?Any you already have installed. It runs with any browser on any device.
❗ Why can’t I see the map button on the screen?It appears after finishing the conversion process.