Font metadata is a set of properties that characterize it. They consist of font file metadata (extension, file format, and mimetype) and font metadata itself. Some of them are font name, font family name, license, manufacturer and designer names, and many more. The app here allows you open to view font metadata and do some editing in it online.
Here are the properties you can edit:
• Font Name
• Font Family Name
• Postscript Name
• Designer Name
• URL Designer
• License Description
• License Info URL
• Copyright Notice
• Manufacturer Name
• URL Vendor
• Sample Text
It is easy to edit these properties, you do not need to download any software for this and the app works from any modern browser.
Go to see what else we have for managing fonts programmatically to the Documentation chapter.
- Show font metadata, glyph tracing, and other details.
- Open your font files online.
- Change font name easily.
- Edit font files properties in a simple way.
- Integrate the functionality into your solution.
How to view and edit font metadata
- Choose the app equal to the format of your document.
- To add a file click anywhere in the blue area or on the Browse for file button to upload or drag and drop it. You can also add the data by entering its URL in the URL cell.
- To reset the selection or start over click the cross in the right upper corner of the Drag and drop area.
- Click the View Metadata button.
- The metadata will be automatically rendered for you to view instantly. Here you can change font files properties like font name, font family name, postscript name, designer's name, license description, version, manufacturer name, and other.
- Click the Save Metadata button.
- Download link of the result will be available instantly soon after.
- To start over click the Return back to the application button.
- How do I manage metadata of a font?First, choose the format of your files. Select the glyphs that you want to have in your final set. Click the Generate Text button to get and download the result.
- What Font Metadata?Font metadata is a set of its properties like font name, font family name, license, manufacturer and designer names, and many more.
- Is it safe to use the application?Of course! The download link of the resultant will be available instantly after processing. We will delete it after 24 hours and the link will stop working after that. No one has access to your files. It is absolutely safe.
- Can I use the functionality on Linux, Mac OS or Android?Yes, you can use this free Metadata editor on any operating system with a web browser. It works online and does not require any software installation.
Quick and Easy Metadata EditorUpload your document and the app will show the font information in just a few seconds.
View Metadata from AnywhereIt works from all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Everything is processed on our servers. No plugin or software installation is required for you.
Viewer QualityThe app works using Aspose APIs, which are being used by many Fortune 100 companies across 114 countries.