DWGAutoCAD Drawing Database File
Files with DWG extension represent proprietary binary files used for containing 2D and 3D design data. Like DXF, which are ASCII files, DWG represent the binary file format for CAD (Computer Aided Design) drawings. It contains vector image and metadata for representation of contents of CAD files.
BMPBitmap File Format
Files having extension .BMP represent Bitmap Image files that are used to store bitmap digital images. These images are independent of graphics adapter and are also called device independent bitmap (DIB) file format. This independency serves the purpose of opening the file on multiple platforms such as Microsoft Windows and Mac. The BMP file format can store data as two-dimensional digital images in both monochrome as well as color format with various colour depths.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert DWG into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- DWG to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- DWG to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- DWG to PDF (Portable Document)
- DWG to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- DWG to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics File)
- DWG to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)