PSTPersonal Storage File
Files with .PST extension represent Outlook Personal Storage Files (also called Personal Storage Table) that store variety of user information. User information is stored in folders of different types that include emails, calendar items, notes, contacts, and several other file formats. PST files are used for archiving emailing data offline that can be later loaded and viewed in various applications.
MBOXEmail Mailbox File
MBox file format is a generic term that represents a container for collection of electronic mail messages. The messages are stored inside the container along with their attachments. Messages from an entire folder are saved in a single database file and new messages are appended to the end of the file. Numerous applications and API provide support for MBox file format such as Apple Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert PST into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- PST to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- PST to EML (E-Mail Message File)
- PST to HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)
- PST to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- PST to MBOX (Email Mailbox File)
- PST to MHT (MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML)
- PST to MSG (Microsoft Outlook Email Format)
- PST to OST (Outlook Offline Storage File)
- PST to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- PST to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics File)
- PST to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)