XLSMicrosoft Excel Binary File Format
Files with XLS extension represent Excel Binary File Format. Such files can be created by Microsoft Excel as well as other similar spreadsheet programs such as OpenOffice Calc or Apple Numbers. File saved by Excel are known as Workbook where each workbook can have one or more worksheets. Data is stored and displayed to users in table format in worksheet and can span numeric values, text data, formulas, external data connections, images and charts.
XPSOpen XML Paper Specification
An XPS file represents page layout files that are based on XML Paper Specifications created by Microsoft. This format was developed by Microsoft as replacement of EMF file format and is similar to PDF file format, but uses XML in layout, appearance, and printing information of a document. It is, in fact, more justified to say that XPS is an attempt on PDF, but couldn't get enough popularity as owned by PDF for a number of reasons.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert XLS into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- XLS to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- XLS to CSV (Comma Separated Values File)
- XLS to HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)
- XLS to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- XLS to ODS (Open Document Spreadsheet)
- XLS to PDF (Portable Document)
- XLS to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- XLS to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics File)
- XLS to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- XLS to XLSB (Microsoft Excel Binary Spreadsheet File)
- XLS to XLSM (Microsoft Excel Macro-Enabled Spreadsheet)
- XLS to XLSX (Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet)
- XLS to XPS (Open XML Paper Specification)