STL, abbreviation for stereolithrography, is an interchangeable file format that represents 3-dimensional surface geometry. The file format finds its usage in several fields such as rapid prototyping, 3D printing and computer-aided manufacturing. It represents a surface as a series of small triangles, known as facets, where each facet is described by a perpendicular direction and three points representing the vertices of the triangle.
SVGScalable Vector Graphics File
SVG files are Scalable Vector Graphics Files that use XML based text format for describing the appearance of image. The word Scalable refers to the fact that the SVG can be scaled to different sizes without losing any quality. Text based description of such files make them independent of resolution. It is one of the mostly used format for building website and print graphics in order to achieve scalability.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert STL into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- STL to 3DS (3D Studio Mesh File Format)
- STL to BMP (Btimap File Format)
- STL to DRC (DRM Rights Object)
- STL to FBX (Filmbox Interchange File)
- STL to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- STL to OBJ (Geometry Definition File Format)
- STL to PDF (Portable Document)
- STL to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- STL to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics File)
- STL to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)