Files with WMF extension represent Microsoft Windows Metafile (WMF) for storing vector as well as bitmap-format images data. To be more accurate, WMF belongs to the vector file format category of Graphics file formats that is device independent. Windows Graphical Device Interface (GDI) uses the functions stored in a WMF file to display an image on the screen.
BMPBitmap File Format
Files having extension .BMP represent Bitmap Image files that are used to store bitmap digital images. These images are independent of graphics adapter and are also called device independent bitmap (DIB) file format. This independency serves the purpose of opening the file on multiple platforms such as Microsoft Windows and Mac. The BMP file format can store data as two-dimensional digital images in both monochrome as well as color format with various colour depths.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert WMF into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- WMF to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- WMF to GIF (Graphical Interchange Format File)
- WMF to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- WMF to PDF (Portable Document)
- WMF to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- WMF to PSD (Adobe Photoshop Document)
- WMF to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)