WEBPRaster Web Image File Format
WebP, introduced by Google, is a modern raster web image file format that is based on lossless and lossy compression. It provides same image quality while considerably reducing the image size. Since most of the web pages use images as effective representation of data, the use of WebP images in web pages results in faster loading of web pages.
JPGJoint Photographic Expert Group Image File
A JPEG is a type of image format that is saved using the method of lossy compression. The output image, as result of compression, is a trade-off between storage size and image quality. Users can adjust the compression level to achieve the desired quality level while at the same time reduce the storage size. Image quality is negligibly affected if 10:1 compression is applied to the image. The higher the compression value, the higher the degradation in image quality.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert WEBP into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- WEBP to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- WEBP to GIF (Graphical Interchange Format File)
- WEBP to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- WEBP to PDF (Portable Document)
- WEBP to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- WEBP to PSD (Adobe Photoshop Document)
- WEBP to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)