DJVUGraphics File format
DjVu, pronounced as “déjà vu”, is a graphics file format intended for scanned documents and books especially those which contain the combination of text, drawings, images and photographs. It was developed by AT&T Labs. It uses multiple techniques like image layer separation of text and background images, progressive loading, arithmetic coding and lossy compression for bitonal images.
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a type of document created by Adobe back in 1990s. The purpose of this file format was to introduce a standard for representation of documents and other reference material in a format that is independent of application software, hardware as well as Operating System. PDF files can be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer as well in most modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox via extensions/plug-ins.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert DJVU into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- DJVU to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- DJVU to GIF (Graphical Interchange Format File)
- DJVU to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- DJVU to PDF (Portable Document)
- DJVU to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- DJVU to PSD (Adobe Photoshop Document)
- DJVU to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)