A DIB (Device Independent Bitmap) file is a raster image file that is similar in structure to the standard Bitmap files (BMP) but has a different header. It can be opened with almost all applications that can open a standard BMP file on Windows as well as macOS. DIB are binary files and have a complex file format similar to BMP.
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a type of document created by Adobe back in 1990s. The purpose of this file format was to introduce a standard for representation of documents and other reference material in a format that is independent of application software, hardware as well as Operating System. PDF files can be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer as well in most modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox via extensions/plug-ins.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert DIB into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- DIB to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- DIB to EMF (Enhanced Metafile Format)
- DIB to GIF (Graphical Interchange Format File)
- DIB to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- DIB to PDF (Portable Document)
- DIB to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- DIB to PSD (Adobe Photoshop Document)
- DIB to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics File)
- DIB to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- DIB to WMF (Windows Metafile)