PSTPersonal Storage File
Files with .PST extension represent Outlook Personal Storage Files (also called Personal Storage Table) that store variety of user information. User information is stored in folders of different types that include emails, calendar items, notes, contacts, and several other file formats. PST files are used for archiving emailing data offline that can be later loaded and viewed in various applications.
OSTOutlook Offline Storage File
OST or Offline Storage Files represent user's mailbox data in offline mode on local machine upon registration with Exchange Server using Microsoft Outlook. It is automatically created on the first use of Microsoft Outlook upon connectivity with server. Once the file is created, the data is synchronized with the email server so that it is available offline as well in case of disconnectivity from email server.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert PST into many other file formats. Please see the complete list below.
- PST to BMP (Bitmap File Format)
- PST to EML (E-Mail Message File)
- PST to HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)
- PST to JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group Image File)
- PST to MBOX (Email Mailbox File)
- PST to MHT (MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML)
- PST to MSG (Microsoft Outlook Email Format)
- PST to OST (Outlook Offline Storage File)
- PST to PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- PST to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics File)
- PST to TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)